Lightning PolicyUpdated Saturday May 27, 2017 by Lebanon Youth Baseball.
If You See It, Flee It; If You Hear It, Clear It
• Track approaching storms the best way possible: Most have smart phones and we can track weather that way
• Evacuate fields when storms are about 10 miles away: Have players and spectators go to enclosed building (not under the concession stand roof) or to cars with windows rolled up
• Clear fields immediately after thunder has been heard or lightning seen!
- Wait 30 minutes before returning to play after last sign of lightning activity (seeing lightning or hearing thunder) in your area. If you are at 28 minutes after the last sound of thunder and another round is heard start the clock over.
- Cars shouldn’t leave until the game is called, so all players can be accounted for